top of page


At this time Auto Insurance and Workers' Compensation will pay for massage therapy. You will need a prescription from your doctor indicating the diagnosis, and treatment (massage therapy and manual therapy techniques). As part of your healthcare team we will keep your doctor up to date with all treatment notes and continued progress.   

Please feel free to call if you have any questions. (484) 891-0568

We are Now Accepting FSA (flexible spending account) and HSA (health spending account) cards!

Massage therapy is a qualified medical expense. The IRS ruling states that medical care expenses must be primarily to alleviate or prevent a physical or mental ailment. Examples of illnesses that qualify include carpal tunnel syndrome, stress, back pain, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression and pain management.

What you need to know…

If you suffer from one of the above conditions, all you need to do is pay a visit to your medical practitioner. Let him or her know that you have an FSA or HSA and you'd like to use some of your funds toward massage for treatment or prevention of your condition.

Your physician will need to provide three pieces of information on the prescription:

1. Medical necessity: why you need massage therapy (example: to relieve back pain)

2. Frequency: number of sessions per month (example: minimum of two sessions per month)

3. Duration: length of treatment (example: 12 months)

Once you've obtained the prescription, file it away in case you are ever asked to back up the expense. It's not necessary to bring the prescription to your appointment, but you should bring your FlexCard to pay for your visit or prepay online before your visit. We will provide you with a receipt for every visit.

bottom of page